Omer Day 43
28 Iyar 5780
Friday 22 May 2020
Hard to believe but we are in our final week of the Omer! Today we begin the week of Malkhut — groundedness, humble sovereignty, the most material and earthly-connected of the sefirot. Malkhut is sometimes described as not having so much its own qualities as receiving and emanating the full qualities of the sefirot that precede it. It is like the moon in this way, reflecting the light of the sun in ways that create illumination of a different, beautiful, and ethereal nature.
For today’s practice of Chesed (lovingkindess) within Malkhut, we take inspiration from the moon to share the light of others in our life who light is deserving of and could use some sharing. Some of the sharing you’ll do immediately, others you’ll make a plan to follow up on later in the day, and perhaps others will happen later or take more time. Either way we hope this is an opportunity to both be a mirror casting light further out into the world as well as feel the nourishment that comes from receiving the same light you’re reflecting out.
☀️Omer Day 43 practice [28 Iyar 5780 | Friday 22 May 2020]☀️
- Consider whose light is deserving of and/or could use a boost, and what it is in particular you can help reflect. Aim to identify 3-5 people;
- Brainstorm a list of ways in which you can share;
- Take at least one immediate action in this moment; then make a plan for another 2-3 (or more) ways you can share the light of those on your list in the coming day;
- Don’t forget to follow up!
- Notebook or scratch paper
- Writing Utensil
- Other sharing materials as needed
☀️This post is part of our Omer Wellness Series – a daily 7-minute opportunity for introspection and intentional focus on caring for ourselves, each other, and our environment in this incredibly challenging time.☀️
#omer #wellness #jewish #countingtheomer #jewishmovement #movementculture #movementecology #selfcare #dailypractice #hebrewcalendar #kabbalah #jewishwellness #dailyomerpractice #embodiedpractice #omerinplace #omer5780 #gratitude #reflection #compassion #sharing