Omer Day 39
24 Iyar 5780
Monday 18 May 2020
As many have noted at this point, social distancing isn’t really the right goal right now. We need to keep our physical distance from each other, but if anything we need more social interaction and closeness than ever! And this week of the Omer, Yesod, is of course all about connection. For today’s practice of Netzach (endurance) within Yesod, Ben Becker offers a practice to help us maintain the endurance needed for continuing to stay connected through a lovely practice that we hope you won’t just phone in … but actually mail in. Ben is Manager of Public Programs and “Stop the Hate” at Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage here in Cleveland, proud father, and Camp Wise alum. Follow him on Instagram @billyzenko. Thanks for this contribution Ben!
This pandemic has disrupted our entire way of life and has caused us to rethink the ways we interact and experience community. The endurance of our social connections are being tested in ways most of us have never experienced. Staying connected to each other keeps us human and sharing our love and gratitude is more important than ever.
☀️Omer Day 39 practice [24 Iyar 5780 | Monday 18 May 2020]☀️
- Pick 3 friends that you miss;
- Think of 1 memory, funny story, or something you are grateful for about each friend;
- Write and send each friend a letter to say hello and share that moment with them; It doesn’t have to be long, it just has to be from the heart!
- Put the letter in an envelope, stamp it, and send it!
- Pen & paper
- Art supplies for decoration (Be creative with whatever you have on hand!)
✨Practice Notes ✨
- Find a quiet place to think and write, put on your favorite tunes, and think about your friends!
- You can also send an email, video message, or text but writing a letter is preferred.
☀️This post is part of our Omer Wellness Series – a daily 7-minute opportunity for introspection and intentional focus on caring for ourselves, each other, and our environment in this incredibly challenging time.☀️
#omer #wellness #jewish #countingtheomer #jewishmovement #movementculture #movementecology #selfcare #dailypractice #hebrewcalendar #kabbalah #jewishwellness #dailyomerpractice #embodiedpractice #omerinplace #omer5780 #letterwriting #connection #stamping