Omer Day 24
9 Iyar 5780
Sunday 3 May 2020
In Jewish tradition it is said that G!d spoke creation into being through the divine word. Today we consider the relationship between thought, words, and action in our practice for compassion within endurance — Tiferet within Netzach — brought to us by Kohenet Keshira haLev Fife. We’re invited to consider how compassion for ourselves and others impacts our ability to endure through this long and period of isolation, each of us in our own wilderness of the unknown.
Kohenet Keshira is Executive Director of Kohenet Hebrew Priestess Institute and founder + spiritual director of the Kesher Pittsburgh and Kesher Sydney communities. She is a proud Jewish woman of color, “who sprinkles sparkles, disrupts expectations, and offers blessings wherever she goes.” Thank you for this contribution Keshira!
☀️Omer Day 24 practice [9 Iyar 5780 | Sunday 3 May 2020]☀️
- Find a comfortable position in a comfortable place. Come to stillness and find right pace for your breath (1 minute)
- Consider the relationship between balance/compassion and endurance. How will balance or compassion help you to remain well and whole during this quaran-time? (2 minutes)
- Come up with a simple statement and write it on a post-it or piece of paper which you can put somewhere as a daily reminder. (1 minute)
- Meditate on this statement and allow it to settle into your being. (3 minutes)
- Finish by placing the statement in a place where you’ll see it daily.
- Post-it or a piece of paper
- Something to write with
- Quiet space
✨Practice Notes ✨
- Ideas for simple statements include:
- I can go the distance if I go at a pace that works for me
- There is no urgency.
- Everything will happen when it does
- Self-care will help me through this time.
- Finding the right pace now will help me later.
- Whatever feels true for you!
☀️ This post is part of our Omer Wellness Series – a daily 7-minute opportunity for introspection and intentional focus on caring for ourselves, each other, and our environment in this incredibly challenging time. ☀️
#omer #wellness #jewish #countingtheomer #jewishmovement #movementculture #movementecology #selfcare #dailypractice #hebrewcalendar #kabbalah #jewishwellness #dailyomerpractice #embodiedpractice #omerinplace #omer5780 #mantra