Omer Day One
16 Nisan 5780
10 April 2020
Daily Omer 7-Minute Wellness Practice Day One: loving-kindness squared 💕
The Omer begins with an abundance of love — Chesed (lovingkindness) within Chesed. We therefore begin our daily wellness practice with love: love to our own body, mind, and spirit; and love to those who sustain us. 💗
- 1.5 minutes deep belly breathing – focus on breath
- 2 minutes journaling: what do you love about yourself?
- 2 minutes of outreach: send a text message to 2-3 people (your partner, friends, family). Tell them a few things you love about them.
- 1.5 minutes meditation – How might you bring love more greatly into the world?
- Seat or floor for sitting
- Notebook or paper + writing utensil
🌀Hope you’re able to carve out seven minutes for yourself to try this on. Let us know how it goes!🌀
This post is part of our Omer Wellness Series – a daily 7-minute opportunity for introspection and intentional focus on caring for ourselves, each other, and our environment in this incredibly challenging time.
#omer #wellness #jewish #countingtheomer #jewishmovement #movementculture #movementecology #selfcare #dailypractice #hebrewcalendar #kabbalah #jewishwellness #dailyomerpractice #omerinplace #omer5780